Where Have I Been???

It seems like forever since I posted. I think it has been a month. Wow!! What has kept me so busy? Let's see...

It is the end of the school year. There was all that paperwork!! Family issues... my SIL visited for about a week a couple weeks ago. That was so much fun I am going to to return the favor in July!! Of my 5 children, 4 have been sick. When Michael, the baby, got sick.... he was pretty much attached to me. I couldn't put him down or he would cry. He got that nasty cough going around... then his turned into croup. The fourth croup incident since his birth (he is 8 months old) that really concerned the doctors. Too much drama for this Mama!! However, I am pleased to report that I am caught up on all of my laundry. I admit.... I am thinking small. But after the month that I have had, I am totally ok with that.
I haven't gotten to snoop blogs nearly as much as I would like. In fact, I hadn't slept a whole night in 2 weeks. Finally, last night I did!! Oh heaven!! I now feel like doing a project. I will start small and get gutsier. I think I will paint a chalkboard today. Red!! Oooh fun!! And the kids can help, too!! 
The camera hasn't been working for me lately, but I am trying to figure out what it's attitude issues are. Then I can photograph the bathroom.  There are still a couple small things to do that I haven't gotten to with all the sickness, but I will take what I can get!! 
I told my oldest to go take a shower the other night and use the master bath. He walked in there, turned around and said," This one isn't pretty like the other one. I don't want to shower in here!!".  A boy after my own heart!!!  That was just too funny!! He waited until the other bathroom was open just so he could shower in the decorated one. Anyone who says design doesn't matter, well, I think my son would disagree!! :) Now the pressure is on for my husband to paint the other one. ;)
I hope that everyone has had a less exciting time lately than I have. If not, I can totally understand. Sometimes life is a little too exciting. I guess that also serves a purpose. Without chaos, we would not appreciate the mellow things in life. And I am really searching out the mellow things now. After a whole nights sleep (the first in 2 weeks), I think I might even be able to take a little chaos!!! Or, maybe not....

4 comments: to “ Where Have I Been???

  • Deb
    June 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

    Kelly...I have been wondering about you...glad everything is okay now...looking forward to more posts this summer...

  • Jackie
    June 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

    So glad everyone is feeling better and that you got a full nights sleep. It's so hard when everyone is sick in the house. It does make you appreciate good health and the normalcy of everyday life. I too look forward to keeping up with you this summer.

    Jackie

  • Busy Mom
    June 10, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

    Have been missing your posts!! Glad you are back and that all are well in your family! Tackle some fun project and let us see!! Can't wait to see the bath that gets high marks from your son!! Boys do enjoy "pretty" things!!

  • Busy Mom
    June 11, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

    Hey... I left you an award on my blog!! Congrats!!